Colorado Springs Eye Clinic remains committed to the safety and wellness of our community and our teammates. We have been closely monitoring data and projection models from local, state, and federal authorities to determine the safest date to reopen our doors to educate and care for our patients.
In doing so, we have learned:
- Over nearly 2 weeks at our community testing sites, we have seen a downward trend in the number of positive COVID-19 test results
- Governor Polis has loosened some of the state’s restrictions on hospital procedures and non-essential services
Given these encouraging developments, we are pleased to begin offering limited services. We are taking every precaution to make sure we do this safely. To provide the care our patients need as safely as possible will require both staff and patients to do their part. While these efforts do not eliminate the risk of COVID-19 transmission, we are striving to do everything possible to minimize that risk.
What Colorado Springs Eye Clinic teammates are doing for you:
- Conducting themselves with recommended hand hygiene technique
- Following personal protective equipment protocols
- Refraining from coming to work with COVID-19-like symptoms
- Maintaining social distancing while outside of work
- Maintaining a sanitary clinical environment at all times
- Waiting areas will be limited to patients at this time with no more than 1 guest allowed. This guest must accompany the patient through the examination process, and cannot remain in the waiting room.
- Seating arrangements will allow for practice of social distancing between patients at all times
What we are asking our patients to do for each other—these steps are absolutely mandatory to provide all of us with a safe environment! :
- Sanitize your hands upon entry to the clinic (hand sanitizer will be provided)
- Do not congregate at the front desk or in the waiting room
- Wash your hands after using the restroom before reentering the office
- Allow our technicians to check your temperature– this precaution is in place to keep us all safe
- Wear personal protective equipment (a mask) throughout the duration of your visit
- Refrain from coming to your appointment if you are experiencing any COVID-19-like symptoms
- Maintain social distancing measures put forth by your local, state and federal authorities
- Given the current situation, none of us can afford to be lenient with the social distancing protocols. If you or your guest are unable to comply with these requests, we will gladly reschedule your visit to a time when these restrictions are no longer necessary.
Rest assured, we are taking a conscientious and careful approach that has been informed by national guidelines to minimize COVID-19-related risks to patients and our team. We are proceeding cautiously and will not hesitate to adapt to enhance quality or safety. Our goal is to help our patients while remaining vigilant and prepared to handle whatever the future may bring.
We look forward to caring for you and getting through this together!